When we think of first impressions, we think of the way we dress, the way we talk, our attitudes, etc. In meeting prospects, there’s another way of making an impression: the way we market our business.
When our prospects see us leaving our brochures in barbershops, using Craigslist, etc. they’re wondering “Can I do that? Can someone teach me how to do that? Do I really want to do that? Is this person happy working that way?” And those questions can help determine whether they’ll join your team.
This is a big reason why it’s important to have different methods of marketing. If your new teammates don’t want to work one way, you’ll be able to show them how to work another way instead. The second or third marketing tool you teach them might turn out to be a perfect fit for their personality. As opposed to constantly throwing your favorite tool at them and getting mad because they don’t get it as well as you do. That’s what separates great leaders from bosses.
Most people don’t want to stand on the corner in the hot sun, passing out flyers for hours. Not everyone is computer savvy. Some people flat out suck at socializing. Wouldn’t they get more results sticking to what they know how to do, as opposed to having use methods that cause them to dread work? The more advanced stuff can always be learned on the side.
Here are the things I do to market my business, the type(s) of marketing, and where to get the materials. Some of you will use them and skyrocket your business starting today. I’ll go into more detail on individual strategies at later dates.
- Polybags (favorite, automated, attraction marketing)
- Wear an advertisement pin on my shirt/jacket every time I go out (attraction marketing)
- Mom gives out cards (delegating)
- My team has a rotator co-op phone number and website for us to share leads (attraction marketing, automated)
- Craigslist (attraction marketing, automated)
- I put my website on quote pictures and funny pictures, then post them in social media groups (attraction marketing)
- I put cards in shopping baskets (attraction marketing)
- YouTube videos with my link in the description (attraction marketing)
- Give cards to people who ask or are passing out their own flyers (outbound marketing)
- This blog (attraction marketing)
- Sharing business tips with entrepreneurs through social media (attraction marketing)
- Chatting online to build relationships (attraction marketing)
- My website is in my email signature and internet forum signatures (attraction marketing)
- My answering machine advertises the benefits (attraction marketing)
- Dropcards (attraction marketing)
- Car magnets (delegating and attraction marketing)
- I used to use Google Adwords (pay-per-click, automated system, attraction marketing)
- Bing Ads (pay-per-click, automated system, attraction marketing)
- Leave brochure holders and card holders in stores (attraction marketing)
Make a nice day!